Monday, June 6, 2011

From Quenna...

As part of the follow-up report for the V-Day campaign, I asked the cast to detail how the project impacted their lives (if they wished to contribute). Once again, these women blew me away. Their testimonials were so heartfelt and beautiful, I asked if I could share them. It's easy to understand the positive impact that our fundraising had on our beneficiary organization, but it's hard to grasp how the making of the actual production greatly influenced the lives of those involved.  

Over the next few days I'll be posting some of the cast testimonials, I encourage you to leave a comment. We'd love to hear your feedback!   -Andrea


Quenna's Testimonial:

Working on this V-Day production of The Vagina Monologues has been a huge inspiration for me in several ways. I have been reminded of the power that women have, and that theatre has, to effect positive change in the lives of others, which is something that this production team and cast has re-inspired me to do. This has confirmed and re-invigorated my passion that I don't just want to make and be involved in commercial theater, but I want to make and be involved the kind of theater that invokes positivity and social change into our everyday lives, that reaches out and touches the lives in someone in need of a good laugh, hug, or cry and provides it for them.

To that end, Andrea guided us to form a cast and crew that provided just that. And because we were able to build such an encouraging community (of all women!), we were able to extend the love of our community to our audiences. This process has taught me more about the power of community than I have known in a long time, and for that I am extremely grateful to Andrea and the rest of the cast and crew.

-Quenna


___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!
:)