Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From Erica...

As part of the follow-up report for the V-Day campaign, I asked the cast to detail how the project impacted their lives (if they wished to contribute). Once again, these women blew me away. Their testimonials were so heartfelt and beautiful, I asked if I could share them. It's easy to understand the positive impact that our fundraising had on our beneficiary organization, but it's hard to grasp how the making of the actual production greatly influenced the lives of those involved.

Over the next few days I'll be posting some of the cast testimonials, I encourage you to leave a comment. We'd love to hear your feedback! -Andrea


Erica's Testimonial:

Dear Andrea,

I just wanted to take the time to personally thank you for all your efforts on making our production of “Vagina Monologues” such a success. No one can deny the talent and passion our cast possessed but without you none of this would have ever been possible. You took fifteen unique women and brought us together as a family.

As a theatre educator and a director myself I truly respect the way you ran rehearsals. Even though time was of the essence you never neglected taking time to let us to build a community within our cast and crew and bond. I’ll never forget the “roses and thorns” we’d share before each rehearsal and show or the ensemble building activities we took part in as a cast. Getting to know each and every one of my cast mates and production team “off stage” made all the difference in my experience with this production.

As a full time public school teacher, I never thought I’d be able to be part of a show during the school-year but because you were such a pro at scheduling and utilizing rehearsal time to wisely I was able to be a part of this unforgettable experience. I’d look forward to attending rehearsal each day because I know I was going to be surrounded by a director and a cast that supported me, no matter how difficult and taxing my workday was.

I never saw a director work so hard to make her vision happen, not only her artistic vision on stage but also her vision to give back to the female community. You succeeded in your vision and then some. You set a high bar and supported us in rising to the occasion. Thank you for helping me to grow as a performer and as a contributing member of the female community.



With deep gratitude and respect,

Erica Giglio 
(The Woman Who Loved To Make Vaginas Happy)


__

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!
:)