Wednesday, June 8, 2011

From Sue...

As part of the follow-up report for the V-Day campaign, I asked the cast to detail how the project impacted their lives (if they wished to contribute). Once again, these women blew me away. Their testimonials were so heartfelt and beautiful, I asked if I could share them. It's easy to understand the positive impact that our fundraising had on our beneficiary organization, but it's hard to grasp how the making of the actual production greatly influenced the lives of those involved.

Over the next few days I'll be posting some of the cast testimonials, I encourage you to leave a comment. We'd love to hear your feedback! -Andrea




Sue's Testimonial:

Hi Andrea!

What I got out of this was a renewed love of theater and a renewed sense of myself as an actress. This entire process started out in an exercise of facing fears. I gained so much more than a chance to act.

I found new friendships and was able to connect to a diverse group of women. I don't have many female friends and don't make friends easily in general. I feel that by the end of this I was a part of an amazing group that will be hard to split up.

Also, watching/listening to everyone's performance night after night was such a special way to see everyone grow and change and add something better and more amazing to this very moving piece. All of this wouldn't have been possible if the vibe didn't start at the top.

You, Lauren, and Dee Dee set the tone from the start, even from the Facebook invite. This was always set to be an ensemble and you succeeded in creating so much more than that. You also created a totally kick ass show! You have such vision and know how to get what you want out of everything. Your notes were always so helpful and spot-on.

Sorry if there was any rambling :-)

Sue


____

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!
:)